Archive for the ‘Development’ Category
My 360 died a horrible death the other day, so expect some work on the emulator in the coming weeks (at least, until it gets back to me and I can play some Overlord ^_^). I’ve got a few major things planned:
- New input plugin (supporting generic gamepads, written in C#)
- I’m not sure how I want to do this – DirectInput would be the easiest way, but if I’m going to put a days worth of effort in to something I’d want it to be usable under mono when I eventually port things – does anyone know a good solution for gamepad input? The only possibility I’ve seen is SDL via Tao or something, which seems pretty excessive.
- Basic debugging support
- It’s pretty much there, just needs some more work. On errors, instead of crashing/breaking to source, it will launch my debugger and show the line that caused the error.
- Basic VFPU support
- I’d like to get some of the simple stuff in, although it’s a lot of work to even get one of the instructions working. Some games that I care about use only 4-5 instructions, so I’ll probably build a list and only do those first.
- Better UMD browser performance
- Right now there is no caching, so large lists of UMD’s/EBOOT’s really slow things down. I may cache the metadata/pictures so that things run faster.
- New UMD plugin
- The current one is rather bad, and could be improved greatly to make it run much faster and consume less memory.
Wish me luck, and remember that I’d love to have help! Just shoot me a mail/reply/IRC PM/whatever!